Tue, 16 Nov|
Why Medical Device Manufacturers Must Look at the Bigger Picture When Implementing a GLS
Siemens and PRISYM ID discuss how standards-based interfaces in the global application landscape can make your labeling more efficient and agile
Time & Location
16 Nov 2021, 15:00 CET
About the Event
Global Labeling Systems (GLS) are becoming essential for many Medical Device Organizations. But thinking of a GLS as a standalone platform isn’t the answer. Without integrating labeling processes with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) platforms, management of your products’ data and label content will be far from seamless.
By utilizing an automated connection framework using open standards, integration between the PLM and labeling system greatly streamlines the future evolution of products. In a rapidly evolving regulatory world where UDI is becoming a global requirement, having an integrated digital GLS is becoming mandatory to remain profitable, competitive, & compliant. It bridges the gap between designing and developing a product, as held in the PLM system, and the compliant definition and physical creation of labeling materials for medical device production
In roundtable session, experts from Siemens Digital Industries Software and life sciences label management specialists PRISYM ID explore how a fully integrated labeling solution can connect research and development (R&D) and manufacturing processes to ensure content is accurate and compliant at every stage in a product’s development.Key Learning Objectives
- Gain knowledge of best practice advice on integrated labeling system architecture and configuration
- Understand why PLM, MOM, and GLS solutions are inherently linked and need to be closely aligned to ensure regulatory labeling compliance
- Get insight into controlling process flows for synchronizing creation, approval and change of product and label data
- Realize why integrating labeling as a core discipline is key to your manufacturing processes
Within medical device organisations:
- I.T. Strategy Senior Management
- I.T. Operations Senior Mgmt.
- Business Unit Senior Mgmt.
- Regulatory and Compliance Senior Mgmt.
- UDI specialists/Management